Dredging Project Phases & Budget for 2014-2015
Permit Application Phase – deadline to the WDNR 9/25/14 – Cost for permit application phase-$56,000.00
Project Proposed Work Plan and Approach with maps and exhibits;
- Geotechnical investigation and related analysis;
- Individual Dredging Permit Application (Form 3500-053);
- WPDES Permit Application;
- Wetland reports, alternative analyses, and permit applications for WDNR properties east and west of Marsh Road (sites B1 and B2), and jurisdictional determination and exemption request for the DeGrave property;
- Conceptual dewatering pond layout and conceptual design;
Conceptual Piping Routes and Work areas for four sites – WDNR sites B1 and B2, and A2, the DeGrave sand and gravel pit, and the Malchine property south of East River Bay Drive;
- Conceptual piping route in river;
- Shoreline access routes for equipment;
- Contingency spill plan draft; and
- Finish grading and restoration plans for WDNR sites B1 and B2.
- WDNR and USACE review of application should take 2 to 3 months (TBD).
Review application – $5750.00
- Respond to Permit Comments/WWMD and GRAEF to meet with WDNR and USACE regarding any minor changes.
Bid Document Phase – Cost for bid document phase- $55,000.00
- Develop strategy and approach for work breakdown and bidding;
- Collect and analyze samples of dewatered sediment sample(s) for parameters required by the WDNR to obtain approval for disposal of the dewatered sediment at residential and farm sites;
- Complete a Sediment Settling Test using Corps of Engineers Manual EM 1110-2-5027 test method on a representative sediment sample for use in settling pond design by contractor;
- Prepare easements for pipe routes;
- Complete wetland field delineation, reports and permit applications, and soil boring investigations at Rateike, Ranke, Frost and/or other properties;
- Conduct negotiations and assist with obtaining agreements with owners of potential dewatering sites and/or dewatered sediment management sites;
- Solicit interest from contractors;
- Pre-qualify contractors;
- Prepare bid documents;
- Conduct pre-bid meetings;
- Respond to questions from bidders; and
- Assist in evaluation of contractor bids.
Cost for permit application phase-$56,000.00
Cost for review application – $5750.00
Cost for bid document phase- $55,000.00