• Why can’t I vote at meetings using an absentee ballot?
  • Q: I just moved into the district and have not gotten a new driver’s license, what do I do?
    A: Bring your existing driver’s license and proof of your address such as a utility bill or closing documents, and then self-certify.
  • Q: I’m listed on the tax roll/voter list, but my partner isn’t, can they vote?
    A: If you partner is a co-owner of real property within the District, they may vote upon showing proof of identity and self-certification.
  • Q: I’m listed on the voter list; do I still need to fill out the certification form?
    A: No. Your registration is completed by signing the voter list.
  • Q: I live in the District, but my house is an asset of a trust.
    A: You may vote as an elector as long as you are a U.S. citizen, age 18 or older and your permanent residence is within the District. Bring proof of identity and self-certify. If you have a trust document identifying you as a trustee, you may also vote on behalf of the trust.
  • Q: My wife, brother, sister-in-law and I co-own a property in the District, but only my wife and I live there. Can My brother and his wife vote?
    A: Yes, all owners of a property are eligible to vote. Each must bring proof of identity and self-certify.
  • Q: My property is listed as an LLC. What can I do?
    A: Real properties are allowed one vote. You must bring a letter on company letterhead or resolution of the LLC members authorizing you to vote on behalf of the LLC and self-certify.
  • Q: I am the trustee of a house in the district. What do I need to do to do to vote?
    A: Bring proof of identity, a copy of the trust document naming you as trustee and self-certify.
  • Q: I own several properties; can I vote for each one?
    A: No, you are allowed one vote regardless of the number of properties owned.
  • Q: My boss who owns a business in the district, sent me to vote for him, what do I need to do?
    A: Bring a letter showing that your authorized to vote on behalf of the business, proof of identification and then self-certify, including businesses name and address.
  • Q: I currently rent a house within the District. Can I vote?
    A: If the house is your permanent residence, and if you are a U.S. citizen age 18 or older, you may vote upon bringing proof of identity, a rental agreement or utility bill showing the address of the property and self-certify.
  • Q: My kid just came back for summer vacation from school, can they vote?
    A: If your child’s permanent address is in the District and are at least 18 years old, they can vote. They need proof of identity and must self-certify.
  • Q: I just sold my home and have moved, and the new people have moved in. Can I vote because my name is still on the voter list?
    A: Yes. As provided by Wis. Stat. § 33.01(9)(ar)1., if you are a person whose name appears as an owner of real property on the tax roll that was delivered on or before the 3rd Monday in December of the previous year, you are entitled by statute to vote as a property owner.

Ecosystem Restoration (Dredging)

Aquatic Plant Management