What can I do to help with aquatic plants in the waterway?

Our current Aquatic Plant Management programs only cover areas up to a pier head. They do not go to your shore. Following are measures that a riparian owner can take to improve their own areas.  None of which require a permit:

  • You are allowed to manually remove all free-floating, unattached vegetation along your shore and around your pier, as far out into the water as you like.
  • You can manually pull out and remove all Invasive Species as far out from your shore as you can wade.
  • For all other vegetation, you can manually clear a 30ft wide path. This path can go as far into the water as you can wade.

The WWMD has rakes available for loan to help you with this.