Meet Your Commissioners
Learn more or connect with a commissioner
WWMD Commissioners’ Code of Conduct
- Government officials are required to act professionally and be polite and courteous at public forums.
- Commissioners are all of equal status, and may request a specific activity of another commissioner regarding a project, but not make demands of the commissioner.
- Commissioners may not make inappropriate remarks or discuss topics without the approval of the chairman at a public forum or meeting.
- The chairman controls the agenda at public meetings but facilitates discussion from all commissioners prior to providing his/her opinion. A motion is requested and the majority vote decides the outcome.
- Commissioners are not encouraged to answer questions not on the agenda from riparian owners at public meetings, but to defer to an appropriate committee or place them on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
- Commissioners may not make insulting or inappropriate comments on email, Facebook, or other social media.
- Discussion among 3 or more commissioners (considered a quorum ) regarding WWMD policy on email or a telephone conference call violates Wisconsin Open Meeting Law and needs posting 24 hours prior.
- Ethics violations include: taking any action which benefits yourself or your immediate family, accepting gifts that may influence your vote or activity, and obtaining financial gain or benefit for yourself or your immediate family related to your position as commissioner.